New Year..... and another new me.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

It seems like every year we wake up on New Years Day and say.....
"This is it! This year will bring a new me... and the new me starts TODAY!", and somewhere between January 15th and the weekend we revert back into our old selves with more resentment.

This year, my New Years Resolution is simple.... My resolution is to stick to my resolution.
I've noticed most bloggers setting 3 promises for the new year, so let me hop on that band wagon and list mine:

1 - New nails every Sunday. I bet you're thinking WTF. Well as a mom of 2 toddler boys and a full time job as an admin at a busy office, its hard to find time to pamper myself. Towards the end of 2016 my 2 year old was always asking me why my fingers weren't red anymore. He is obviously referring to the chipped red nail polish I always wore. So one Sunday night I let him pick a color and by the next morning, I had it on. He was so happy! Which made me happy. So this resolution is one I'd like to keep as a reminder that I have to take time out for myself. Maybe next year I can ditch the yoga pants........maybe.

2 - Blogging. I am not a blogger. I don't take the time to proof read, and I don't know the first thing about how to entertain an audience. What I do know is I like relieving my mind of the things that trouble or fascinate me. So this year I am committing to 1 blog post a week. If you're up for the adventure, I promise to put more content into this site.

3 - YouTube. If you are reading this post, chances are you were brought here by my YouTube channel. My account has been so inactive since the birth of my first born 2.5 years ago. I repeatedly tell my husband how depressed I am that I don't have the time to do what I truly enjoyed. So now that my maternity leave is over and I am going back to work, we have worked out a schedule where I am going to be able to post at least 3-4 videos a month to start getting me back in the swing of things. I hope to see you all there on BOTH channels : MariamMonroe and MommyMonroe.

Popular Posts

Where to Find Me

Mariam Monroe © . QUINN CREATIVES .