RIP Kathy Stevenson - April 16, 2012 - You Will be Missed

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So shortly after I made the last post about Lil' Wayne, I received a call from my husband informing me that his mother (my mother in law) had passed away. Needless to say, I was in total shock, as was the rest of the family.

Long story shirt, she passed away at the age of 57 from what she considered heartburn. Which the autopsy later returned and confirmed that one side of her heart was 95% blocked. Therefore when she went to bed Sunday night, the remaining 5% filled up and caused her to slip away in her sleep. Luckily she was in no pain or discomfort, and it was a peaceful passing....
My: Mother In Law, Husband, Father In Law

My mother in law never complained of anything painfully unbearable. 3 days before she passed, she complained of this heartburn that was not severe enough to go to the hospital, and that it would come and go. She tried to remedy it by taking acid reflux or heartburn medication. Aside from that one time mentioning it, she had no signs of being in pain or anything. To make matters more difficult to understand, she was 100% healthy. Was not on any medications, and was as fit as could be.

In fact, she was at our house painting Saturday!

I suppose women have different signs of heart problems than men. Men will feel their arm go numb and immense pain during a heart attack or stroke, where as to women have much different symptoms...like "mild heartburn". If there is someone you know that is experiencing this type of symptom, ask them to take an aspirin and get them to a hospital!

Nothing feels real... I have been crying a lot on and off. I am trying to stay composed in front of my husband and his family, but its getting hard.... This Saturday my husband got emotional and said it had been 1 week since he has spoken or seen his mother....It crushed me. I don't know what I am supposed to do or say.

I am sure it will hit me many more times in the next few years as we travel, have family dinners, holidays, and if and when we decide to have children.....

Seeing her last week at the wake was strange also...because physically her body was right there. But i kept thinking this was just temporary and that it will all be over and done with soon, and we can get back to normal, she'd be back and wed all be fine. Totally delusional...I know.

I don't want to say goodbye, because i know she is always with us, and that we will be visiting her always at the cemetery... So i guess I'll just say Rest In Peace Kathy....and I am truly sorry for any pain I may have caused you in the past few years...I am happy we were able to bond the past few months, and repair what we both thought was the end of our relationship. We miss you dearly, and wish things could have been different. Please watch over us....we all love and miss you.

My In Laws: Brother, Sister, Me, Husband, Mother, Father

Popular Posts

Where to Find Me

Mariam Monroe © . QUINN CREATIVES .